Friday, November 20, 2009
























It is so bizarre to sit in my room alone, around 6 o'clock, doing my homework, with heat pumping in from the vent and my lamp lighting up my books on my desk... It gets dark and I feel tired, but I know I have work to do and expectations to meet within the system of my life, the way we all do. I just wish there were different demands.

I hate to belabor this...
The latest suggestion from my mentor is to narrow my product rubric to include simply the paper, so I can put all the effort and time I need to to make that a distinguished piece of work.
THEN, once that's finished, I will have the freedom to make a creation to complement that for the purposes of my presentation.

"From structure comes creativity," says Mr. Schade.
All the pictures I have included in this blog symbolize community... (Except for the first one, which is an AMAZING phenomenon I discovered with Hannah (shown holding a cabbage) earlier this week... That is the goat pen, untouched since august... and the shoots in there are NORMAL GRASS, not more than 2 or 3 inches high in any of the surround grass, or anywhere in the field. The grass we found in the pen (shown) is about 2 1/2 ft high. I am planning to use these (at the least) to accompany my paper in the opening.
(the last photo was taken in Santa Fe-- my whole family took on the task od moving about 800 stones for my cousin's wedding on a valley up in the New Mexican mountains.


TO DO:
1. part one of contract: due november 30 (finish readings + outline)

2. make another to do list

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia,

    Any progress on a new rubric over the break?

    -Mrs. Parkes

    ReplyDelete