Friday, November 6, 2009

Ah! So much inner conflict... Do I make an actual/ideal scale model of my farm and present it in the gallery space? With pictures? With a rolling video?

This sounds, easily, the most exciting and ambitious. BUT, as I keep finding when I begin to articulate the intricacies and minute details of what spurred me into doing this project in the first place, I find that I am almost not as clear as I'd like to be.

Of course, the moment I think of something ideal, it becomes the only option in my mind that could possibly be a true success. A paper is fine, but a model...how dynamic!! People will really remember that!! I can keep it around the school for years to come!
But I also need to consider the reality... can I really create something I will be truly proud of if I start it this late in the game? With so much else on my plate?
I think I need to tone it down a notch... and also know that in writing a paper on my experience that I have already had (which, in addition will not eclipse all my work in August, and rather illuminate it) will provide me with a deeper, stronger foundation and understanding of the work I have done--of the things I have learned. If I am to build an ideal sustainable system on the land we worked this summer, that is something I will absolutely need, and I definitely cannot neglect.


TO DO NOW:
1. finish rubric for paper
2. contact Bennett Konesni
3. get in touch with blogger permaculturist!
4. decide on most effective layout for paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment