Friday, November 13, 2009

model-paper-pictures

I have decided, though my rubric still needs tweaking, to still write a paper, but to give it context with a rolling slide show of photographs and a scale model of the area to present at the opening. Every person I have proposed this idea to has said they think it would greatly enhance their understanding of the project, especially if they had never gotten the chance to visit.

The model I will make won't be literally a miniature--I mean it won't be a simple scale model--I am planning to make it interesting with little blurbs and figures and maybe even collage to give it a stimulating appearance. It would be great if I could figure out a way to incorporate the things we learned throughout the process INTO the model (e.g., we should have planted more watermelon, or we should plant an herb spiral, or this is where we'd put a composting toilet). I could include where we would put an enclosure for the goats next time around, factoring in the natural flora, etc. I think the more location-specific and detailed it is, the more comprehensive the viewer's understanding will be.

PRODUCT RUBRIC OUTCOMES (preliminary since domain change--to discuss with Mr. Schade)
40% English: Paper
40% Visual Art: Creative Component (lower percentage?)
20% Science: Planning and Natural Capital details? (higher percentage?)

TO DO:
1. Finalize rubric!!
2. FINISH READING
3. Watch Biosphere II film
4. Begin location research and model planning (next week)





No comments:

Post a Comment