Friday, October 23, 2009

350 PPM




OK, firstly, I want to rephrase what I said in my last post about my family community being "transient." That sounds like they're not always there for me, or something, which is totally untrue. I have an exceptionally supportive family and I am very lucky. Just wanted to set that straight.

Secondly... It feels like I haven't been making a tremendous amount of headway in the past week. But, I have done everything on the to do list I published last week: organize an event for this Saturday, process folio work... not the time machine, but I guess that can wait. And I am going to have an event on Saturday, (currently 6 confirmed guests on fb, and hopefully everyone in the environmental club will show up.) Our plan is to meet at my house to make posters and signs and then walk into Bridgehampton town to stand at the monument and hold them up on route 27. We also want to do some more active stuff, like picking up litter and going on a nature walk, we'll just have to see what happens.



At this point, Mr. Schade wants me to keep up with my reading so I can keep enriching my experiences, especially in terms of writing a strong paper. I am really enjoying my readings so far, and I know there are a few other assignments to come, so I need to allot some more time to this task.

This weekend, my tent and garden will be a stop on the Hamptons garden tour as it snakes around the East End (on bikes, and ...in ...cars). Hopefully the weather will be good, but our tent blew over in a wind storm about a week ago (OUR FAULT--- and the tent is fine, just DON'T LEAVE THE WALLS OPEN DURING WINDSTORMS!!), and since the animals aren't around anymore, it's going to be relatively strange to see. At least the club will be there doing rally work, so, other things will be going on.

To do this week:
1. Finish Deep Economy, continue reading Ancient Futures
2. Make sure tomorrow's rally is the best it can be, try to extend the invitation as much as possible.
3. What seasonal produce is the best to take advantage of now? Apple butter, making preserves, squash, crabapples? (There is harvesting to do yet in the garden!)



1 comment: